Why We Oppose Votes for Men
1. Because man’s place is the armory.
2. Because no really manly man wants to settle any question otherwise than by fighting about it.
3. Because if men should adopt peaceable methods women will no longer look up to them.
4. Because men will lose their charm if they step out of their natural sphere and interest themselves in other matters than feats of arms, uniforms and drums.
5. Because men are too emotional to vote. Their conduct at baseball games and political conventions shows this, while their innate tendency to appeal to force renders them peculiarly unfit for the task of government.
from Are Women People? by Alice Duer Miller
When we ask men to reject sexism and the abuse of women, we are not taking something away from them. In fact, we are giving them something very valuable ― a vision of manhood that does not depend on putting down others in order to lift itself up.
Fuck this. If I wanna sleep with a guy, I do it. If he decides I’m some sort of slut because of that and doesn’t want to date me or whatever, well fuck him, he sounds like an uptight asshole anyway.
I’m not lacking self-respect because I sleep with someone. I’m true to myself and my wants and no one is gonna make me feel bad about it.
And besides, you don’t have to take your dress off to have sex anyways, so the argument of this “lady-rule” is invalid from the get-go. :D
Haha. Partially clothed sex is awesome!